Today is an exciting day, because I was awarded the Liebster Award! I received the nomination from Growing in our Hearts – thank you, all! I love this blog and really encourage you all to check out their site.
Basically, the purpose of this award is to discover and share new blogs. Sounds great to me!
Now that I’ve accepted the nomination, there are a few things that I need to do:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
- Nominate bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have less than 200 followers.
- Answer 10 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 10 questions.
So, here are the questions from Growing in our Hearts!
- What is the reason you began blogging?
- After graduating, I missed having a creative outlet. I realized that, without class and campus projects, I have to actively pursue writing opportunities. So, My Funshine was born just about a month after graduation.
- What do you like to do in your free time (besides blog)?
- Read a ton, listen to music and podcasts, play the ukulele (poorly) and explore Chicago!
- Favorite Book?
- I can’t pick one! I can, however, pick a favorite author: Jodi Picoult.
- Favorite Movie?
- My favorite movie always has been, and always will be, The Sound of Music.
- Favorite Decade?
- Well, I’m going to pick the current decade. Amazing innovations and creativity happen every day. I think that there is a great deal more globalization and cultural acceptance than in the past. I love living through this ever-changing world.
- Favorite Holiday?
- Christmas, of course! When I think Christmas, I think of warm fuzzies. Family, decorations, warm fire inside, cold snow outside and lots of delicious food!
- What is the message or heart of your blog?
- A little bit of optimism can go a long way… And that, together, we can survive our 20’s.
- Favorite quote?
- There are so many! I really love “Not all those who wander are lost,” from a poem by J.R.R. Tolkien. Yeah, I’ll stick with that.
- If you could have dinner with any person, living or dead, who would you have dinner with and why?
- Well, this is just a terribly stressful question. I can’t imagine narrowing it down to just one. This would end up being a very large dinner party, if it were up to me. But, I’ll just say the first person that came to mind: Jodi Picoult. Here’s my logic. I am in a constant pursuit of knowledge. In the past week, I’ve listened to podcasts ranging from “How Patents Work” to the history of Spain to the history of mankind. Oh, and that super popular murder mystery podcast, Serial. So, I want to know a lot, about a lot of topics. Jodi clearly shares this dream. She has written in great detail about wolves, WWII concentration camps, heart donation and so, so many more topics. She does deep research – reading and interviewing – so she has an in-depth knowledge on each topic before tackling each novel. I would have dinner with her every day, if I could pick her brain about her process. The journalist in me is so intrigued.
- What do you consider your greatest strength?
- My optimism. I love to smile, but more than that, I love making others smile.
So, now you all know a bit more about me! Nominating a few blogging friends:
Here are your questions!
- What is the heart, soul and purpose of your blog?
- What do you hope to gain from blogging?
- What do you want your readers to take away from your content?
- What scares you most?
- What excites you most?
- What is your favorite book?
- Favorite song?
- What is your favorite city, and why?
- Who is your hero?
- What is your favorite quote?
Enjoy! I look forward to reading your entries!