It is officially graduation season! What better way to celebrate, than with a round-up of the many valuable lessons that we learned from Legally Blonde?
(Oh, and this classic is now on Netflix! Enjoy.)
Elle Woods is quite the role model. She stepped out of her comfort zone – albeit, for less-than-steller reasons initially – and kicked ass doing it. She found herself in some terrible situations but she kept smiling, kept working and got everything wonderful in the end.
So, let’s dive in!
Time to go to Harvard. Like on vaca? LET’S ALL GO! ROAD TRIP!
1. Sometimes, men will disappoint us.
“If you tell him, he’ll probably hire you as a summer associate. Who cares about Brooke? Think about yourself.”
Men we trust, men we respect, will let us down. They will be less than we thought, less than we wanted, less than we deserve. You must identify that you are better. You deserve better. Seek out better.
2. Girls can be terrible, too.
3. We will have bad days. We’ll lose the bigger picture, and think that everything is falling apart.
4. Sometimes, when it is deserved, be a little bit sassy. Show them how strong you are.
“Oh Warner, do you remember when we spent those four amazing hours in the hot tub together after winter formal? This is SO MUCH BETTER than that!”
5. Ditch the bad guy. He doesn’t deserve you.
6. Remind yourself that losers will lose.
7. When you’re ready, pull yourself together. Keep smiling. See the best in others.
It was not a costume party. Her ex-boyfriend (and love of her life) is now engaged to an evil woman, who is refusing her entrance to their study group.
Keep smiling. Rise above.
8. Turn it around by working really hard. Really, really hard.
9. Have endless, unbreakable determination.
10. Your enemies will notice that hard work. And it’ll be really fun.
11. Your expertise, regardless of subject matter, may come in handy one day.
Like, knowing the cardinal rule of perm maintenance -that you’re forbidden to wet your hair for at least 24 hours after getting a perm at the risk of deactivating the immonium thygocolate – might help you solve a murder case. Who knows.
“The rules of hair care are simple and finite. Any Cosmo girl would have known.”
12. One day, you’ll win.
13. Celebrate! Hug your best friends. Take it all in.
Oh, and blast “Perfect Day.”
14. Speaking of wonderful things… One day, you’ll find an amazing person.
If he is truly worthy, he’ll still be around when you are ready for him. Even if you break his nose.
15. If you are having trouble getting his attention… the Bend and Snap works every time.
16. But, never change who you are for a love interest.
No, Elle. Warner doesn’t deserve you!
17. Most importantly, the good guys finish first.
“You must always have faith in people, and most importantly, you must always have faith in yourself.”